As a consumer using an inflatable for any event from backyard
birthdays to school carnivals or company picnics and practically any event you deserve the right to find
qualified and dedicated operators who are safety conscious with a strong
commitment to bring you a safe enjoyable experience. SIOTO is dedicated to
industry standard training and the rental operators displaying these seals have
proven their commitment by accepting these standards as their way of safe
operations in the inflatable party rental industry.
SIOTO is very unique and differs from many other
organizations in that we do not simply ask our members to
operate safely, we actually train them in safe operating
procedures through a series of safety courses. Don't
settle for less, settle for the best that your operator can
offer. Choose a SIOTO certified operator and you'll be
choosing a professional.
Don't forget to check out the great rental tips below.
||Operators displaying this seal have joined our organization with the
commitment to train and educate themselves in the safe operation of
inflatables and have accepted the SIOTO creed of Safety Always!
They have begun their training process, adhered to SIOTO's mission
statement and have acquired insurance if required in your state.
They are striving to make this industry as safe as possible for you, the
consumer. SIOTO members continue to educate and improve themselves
through our online training systems and informational exchange systems
covering all aspects of the inflatable party industry. These
members set themselves apart from the rest. Click
here to see their pledge. Or verify their membership
||This seal indicates that the operator has successfully passed the
Basic Inflatable Safety Operations Certification course. This
course is designed to provide operators with the knowledge, skills and
abilities to safely operate basic moonwalks, mazes, combo units and
also slides that are up to 16 feet in height. Each BISOC member
has met all membership requirements of the SIOTO organization. They have proven themselves by
successfully completing this course and obtaining a passing test score
of 80 percent or higher. Verify certification
||Advanced Inflatable Safety Operations Certification, the final
certification for operators requires the same high standards of testing
in order to display this seal for those offering everything the BISOC offers along with inflatables that create interaction between
participants, obstacle courses, larger slides, inflatable carnival games
and more. These units include jousts, bungee runs, boxing, and
other units requiring person to person contact or interaction. The
most difficult of units to operate, and the hardest level to achieve
sets these advanced members at the top of our industry. Verify
certification right here.
Verify your operators participation here!
Before you even commit to
an operator you need to ask a few basic questions:
- Are they insured and will they supply a copy of the insurance
- Are they trained/experienced in inflatable operations?
- What safety measures do they provide YOU with?
Price should not even be a consideration!
After the operator arrives, they should do the following and it is your
job to pay attention to help make sure its done properly.
- A tarp should be placed on the ground to protect the bottom of
- The unit should be staked down or heavily weighted down with
ground weights or sandbags.
- When the unit is inflated make sure there are no rips or holes
- Make sure the unit is fully inflated and not sagging anywhere.
- The operator MUST cover all operating and safety procedures
verbally, and should leave printed instructions as well.
It is your responsibility to ask questions if you do not understand
After the operator leaves, you should always:
- Attend the unit at all times.
- Keep children age 3 and under OUT of the unit.
- Make sure all children are grouped according to SIZE.
- DO NOT exceed the maximum ride capacity at any time.
- Perform safety checks of the equipment frequently. Operators
will show you how.
- Turn the unit off during inclement weather or high winds.
- Seek medical attention for ALL injuries IF they occur.
- Follow ALL posted safety rules at all times.
These simple tips will help keep you safe and allow you to enjoy the
rental of your inflatable. Remember, safety first, safety always! Safety
is everyone's job!